Sculptra is an injectable biostimulator – boosting your natural production of collagen and elastin for firmer, fuller skin and restore a natural youthful appearance.
Sculptra is an advanced injectable filler predominantly composed of poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), revolutionising the aesthetic industry since its formulation in 1999. Unlike traditional fillers, Sculptra acts as a collagen biostimulator, prompting your body’s natural collagen production for enduring and natural looking results. Sculptra addresses facial fat loss and is now a trusted facial aesthetic treatment in over 40 countries. Typically administered in a series of 2-6 sessions at intervals of 4-6 weeks, Sculptra provides deep, noticeable improvement to volume in the face and long-lasting rejuvenation, with results lasting up to 2 years.
What concerns does Sculptra address:
- Moderate to severe volume loss in the face (lipoatrophy)
- Improve appearance of sunken cheeks or a ‘gaunt’ look
- Improve appearance of deep wrinkles and lines
- Sagging, loose skin
- Uneven skin texture
Frequently Asked Questions
- Poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), the main ingredient of Sculptra, has been used medically for over 25 years in the treatment and repair of scars and structural defects in the face.
- Collagen is a fibrous protein that gives the skin its structure and supports the skin’s shape and keeps it smooth and hydrated. As we age, we tend to lose around 1% of our natural collagen every year from our mid-20s. This loss weakens the skin inner structure and can lead to lines, folds, as well as loss of elasticity and increases skin laxity.
- PPLA when injected, triggers a low-level inflammatory response in the deeper layers of the skin. This inflammation activates fibroblasts, the cells responsible for collagen production, essentially rebuilding the skin’s inner structure.
Unlike traditional dermal fillers and other skin booster treatments, Sculptra doesn’t rely on hyaluronic acid for immediate volumising effects. Instead, it is primarily composed of Poly-L-lactic acid, a bio-stimulatory ingredient to promote the creation of new collagen and elastin to create a deep volumising effect.
The regeneration of collagen activated by Sculptra is a gradual process, with visible results appearing around 6 weeks after the second treatment and results last for up to 2 years.
A series of 2-6 sessions, spaced between 4 and 6 weeks, is typical for optimal results, but this can vary depending on symptoms.
The collagen regeneration stimulated by Sculptra offers long lasting results, up to 24 months after the initial treatment.
Sculptra is ideal for those dealing with moderate to severe facial fat and volume loss, lipoatrophy due to illness or weight loss, and deep wrinkles and folds. However, individual suitability may vary, so we recommend a free online consultation with one our medical practitioners to determine if it’s the right treatment for you.
As the results of Sculptra can take up to 6 weeks to start becoming noticeable, we’d advise to commence Sculptra treatments a few months before significant events for a refreshed yet natural looking appearance.
The collagen regeneration process induced by Sculptra occurs gradually. This leads to results looking extremely natural and subtly enhance the overall appearance of the skin.
Immediately after your treatment, you may experience some localised swelling and/or redness around the injection site, which usually resolves within the first 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid wearing make-up, excessive heat and vigorous exercise for at least 24 hours post treatment.
- Avoid waxing, chemical peels, skin needling and laser treatments for at least 2 weeks after your treatment.
- In order to reduce bruising, avoid NSAIDs, fish oils and alcohol before your treatment
- 5-5-5 rule – massage the treated areas for 5 minutes, 5 times a day, for 5 days after treatment. Use a medium amount of pressure, rubbing all along the injection sites. You may want to use a cream or serum for the massage to avoid friction.
Sculptra works well with other aesthetic treatments for a full-face rejuvenation Discuss your aesthetic goals with your SkinHD practitioner for a personalised treatment plan.
- Common side effects are temporary and usually resolve within a couple of days after your treatment, and can include minor swelling, bruising and tenderness. More severe complications are rare, but can include infection, occlusion and granuloma.
- At SkinHD, client safety is our number one priority, and this procedure is only carried out by experienced and qualified medical professionals, who are well-equipped to handle any side effects swiftly and effectively.
- If concerned about bruising, avoiding NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, fish oils and alcohol before and after your appointment can help minimise bruising risks. Ideally arrive at your appointment without make-up, but don’t worry too much if you don’t as your practitioner will thoroughly cleanse the skin before carrying out the treatment.
- Numbing cream will be provided to apply 15 minutes before your treatment
Why choose SkinHD for my Sculptra treatments?
- Over 20 years combined medical knowledge and experience
- Champions of natural looking results
- Honest and genuine advice – we’ll never suggest treatments you don’t need!
- No hard-sells or pushy sales techniques
- Friendly and family run clinic in South Manchester
- Loyalty programme, earn as you spend, referral scheme and birthday bonuses!
- Payment options available through Klarna